The D28 Democrats are a grassroots community organization that educates constituents, promotes civic engagement, registers voters, increases voter turnout, and works to elect candidates who share our values.
- A strong and diverse economy that prioritizes investment in infrastructure and job growth;
- Equal access to quality public education, including pre-K through grade 12, career and technical education, community colleges and universities;
- Resources and protections for vulnerable children and families;
- Humane treatment of animals;
- Free and fair elections;
- Equality for all;
- Access to quality, affordable health care for all Arizonans;
- Protections for women's access to reproductive healthcare;
- Equal pay for equal work, a livable minimum wage and fair employment practices;
- Protections for our land, air and water to ensure sustainability for future generations.
- Diversity and equity for all are what strengthens our communities and party.
- Private, for-profit prisons must be eliminated.
- No border wall. No immigration ban. Stop the deportations. No human being is illegal.
- Every citizen has the right to vote.
- People’s voices and grassroots movements to elicit change cannot be ignored. The right to peaceably protest must be protected.
- We must overturn “Right to Work” and build strong unions (both private and public sector) that will help provide better living wages for workers. Ban the box!
- We believe in a strong separation of church and state.
- Public education must be properly funded and teachers should receive the pay they deserve. Public schools are our priority – not vouchers.
- The right to call for referendum is vital to free society.
- Climate change is real. It must be addressed immediately.
- Black Lives Matter.
- All People should have equal status and protection under the law regardless of gender, race, disability/ability, religious affiliation or lack thereof, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Women’s rights are human rights. The right to choose is essential to women’s rights.
- Disability rights are civil rights. A barrier-free, inclusive, diverse community empowers and values each individual while creating autonomy, opportunity, and dignity.
- Healthcare is an inalienable right and there should be universal healthcare for all.
- Higher education is not a luxury. College, trade schools, and universities should be, as stated in the state constitution, as “nearly free as possible”.
- We support the rights of all tribal people and their sovereignty rights.
- Corporations are not people. Dark money must be removed from politics.
- We support net neutrality. The internet must remain free from corporate control.
- Equal pay for equal work.