An inclusive and prosperous community led by strong and diverse Democratic leaders at every level of government.
The D28 Democrats are a well-organized grassroots community organization that educates constituents, promotes civic engagement, increases voter turnout among low-efficacy voters, increases voter registration, persuades voters about the efficacy of our positions, and works to elect representatives that share our values.
- A strong and diverse economy that prioritizes investment in infrastructure and job growth
- Equal access to quality public education, including K-12 public education, career and technical education, community colleges and universities.
- Humane treatment of animals
- Ensuring vulnerable children and families have the resources they need
- Removing obstacles to voting to support fair elections
- Eliminating discrimination of any kind and promoting ethnic, racial, cultural, gender, age, religious, disability, family status, sexual orientation and socio-economic diversity
- Affordable health care for all people regardless of employment, age, or health condition
- Protecting women's rights to reproductive healthcare
- A livable minimum wage and equal pay for equal work
- Protecting our environment, water resources, and planet for future generations
The Democratic Party stands for many issues and causes, many of which you can read about in the 2016 Democratic National Committee's Official Party Platform.